Friday, July 25, 2008

So Called Mommy - Mini Challenge

SoCalledMommy is quite experienced designing with paper goods. Her shop is filled with beautiful hand made cards that make me want to grab a pen and spend a few hours in personal correspondence. She also has a very unique offering of mini albums herself, ready for your favorite photos.

She is participating in 'Mission Soldier Support' by donating cards to our soldiers to use in corresponding with their families. As a veteran, I am touched by her generosity. Please check out her shop for more information about this wonderful opportunity to offer support for our troops overseas.













Q&A With So Called Mommy:

A Little About You:
What is your favorite morning beverage?
Orange Juice
Do you prefer cats or dogs?
Dogs...we have one
What is next to your computer right now?
My digital camera and card reader
Do you like your handwriting?
Yes, I'm probably a little vain about it in fact
Would you bungee jump?
No way! I'm too much of a scaredy cat

A Little About Your Mini Scrapbook:
What prompted you to join the Mini Scrapbook Challenge?
Just the word "scrapbook" caught my attention. And I'm always up for a good challenge.
When you first saw the album, what did you think you would do with it?
I thought I would do some kind of holiday theme...July 4th, Halloween, something like that
What did you end up doing with it?
I ended up doing a colors theme. Each page has a different color, and a place for a tiny photo
Is there a theme to your album? Why/why not?
My general scrapbooks don't have themes. They're just chronological events in our family's life. So when I do mini albums, it's fun to have something more cohesive about them.
Now that you have worked with one, would you want to do another one?
You bet!
What would you do differently next time?
I might turn some of the pages into fold out pages to increase the number of photos that I (or someone else) could add.

A Little About Your Art/Craft:
When did you first start crafting? Why?
When I was little, just to keep myself busy. Throughout my school years I've tried all sorts of things including knitting, watercolor, pottery, origami and sewing.
What is your favorite material/technique?
My favorite material is paper of course, as I use it on all my scrapbooks and cards. And there are so many pretty designs! One of my favorite techniques is using my sewing machine to stitch on paper.
What are your favorite colors to work with?
My favorite color is pink, and I love putting brown with almost any color.
Are you good with written instructions, or do you need pictures?
I'm better with pictures, but I can at least follow a written recipe in the kitchen!
If you could learn one new technique, what would it be? Why?
I've seen some pretty cool work done with both wet and dry embossing, but I've never tried it.
If you could give one piece of advice to a young person first starting out, what would it be?
Realize that you have your own style, and since it's a part of you, it's important! I often look at other projects or designs, and mine always turn out a little differently, because whether I realize it or not, I'm putting my own spin on it.

2 comments:

Debbie~ said...

So Called Mommy, I really love your mini, it's so colorful and just waiting for pictures to be added to it!!! I also enjoyed 'YOUR' Q&A spot!!!
Good luck with your Christmas in July Sale!!! eco~
ecologicallyworn~

My name is Julia :-) said...

Obviously an experienced scrapbooker! What a lovely little book, SoCalledMommy. Some lucky person will treasure it always :-)

About Me

My photo
i sew because i cannot draw.